Thursday, January 12, 2017

What a Week!

November 28, 2016 

Lynz also told me a member has a turtle, and she misses her turtles at home.  She also said she got to taste some mashed potatoes at a members house for Thanksgiving.  from her mom


It`s been quite the week but Hermana Peterson is amazing and we just love what we`re doing! Serving the Lord is the best thing out there and time flies when you`re having fun :) 

Bueno, lots want to know about Thanksgiving and I´m sorry to disappoint and say that we didn`t do anything crazy out of the ordinary. Turkey isn`t  really common here. We just celebrated with what we had in the pension hahaha.

This week was busy! We had some miracles for sure. We`ve been teaching a woman named Patricia and she is amazing. She loves reading the Book of Mormon and is golden! She did tell us one time that she didn`t feel good at church the one time she went so that was our goal this week, to have a lesson with her just really focusing on the importance of going to church. When we went we just started talking and sharing our testimony about church and she just told us, "I´ve been thinking about it and I know that I need to go. It`s where I should be." Hna. Peterson and I were so shocked! We definitely weren`t expecting that! It`s amazing how the Lord is preparing people all the time to recieve the gospel.

Right now in the mission we`re focusing on baptism invitations and lessons. I`ve felt bad because we`ve been finding people but none that want to committ to a specific date just yet. We`re still working with all of them but I prayed that we could find someone that would be willing to accept a date for baptism. We visited our investigator Ruby. She has a little christian background but not much so all of our lessons have been focusing on who is God and Jesus Christ. She had so many questions about the Plan of Salvation because she lost her mom a while back. Our last lesson with her she told us that she`s been praying more and that she wants to follow Jesus Christ in her life. She wants to be baptized!!!! It was so special! An answer to my prayer that this is God`s work and He will always help me accomplish my righteous goals and desires. He wants all His children to return to Him!

Pic 1: My Thanksgiving dinner :)
Pic 2: Tony!!! He`s our landlord`s dog that lives outside our pension
Pic 3: Primary Program!! So cute!
Pic 4: Our Elderes helped Leo be baptized, he`s seriously so awesome. A golden investigator!
4 Attachments





No comments:

Post a Comment