Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Happy Halloween

October 31, 2016

Happy Halloween! It´s been so hot this week that it doesn´t feel like it at all. It´s going to be so weird to have summer weather for the holidays....

This week we had Zone Conf. in Cinco Saltos and it was so inspired! Our focus right now in the mission is talking with everyone and having the faith to baptize every week. We can do it! The Lord is preparing people and everything is possible with Him.

We went early to have Pday as a zone and I was playing soccer with my companion and some other missionaries and I totally biffed it! Haha one foot went right out from the other! It was so funny and so embarrassing. I think almost everyday I trip over something or fall....I just have to laugh at myself...

Hermana Nieto and I have been working with amazing people. Our goal this past week was to really stress the importance of coming to church, so that we could have them feel the spirit and progress. We invited everyone to come! So many said they would, we had plans to get them and walk together. Hna. Nieto and I had a fast together that everything would go smoothly that they could arrive. It broke our hearts when not one of them ended up making it. We just felt so defeated, like all our efforts are in vain. We just love these people so much and it was a rough moment for us. A stressful day too because I had to give a talk in church. But we made it through and we definitely learn from the challenges. We were so sad but then for sacrament meeting, a less active sister came with her mom and her son. That made everything worth it. All the stress, the disappointment and to see her, I just felt so grateful.

This scripture has just been in my mind a lot lately as we´ve been trying to help our investigators progress and as we´re trying to find new ones, the people who let us into their homes are ready to hear the gospel!

" And whoso recieveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face, I will be on your right hand and your left and my Spirit shall be in your hearts and mine angels round about you to bear you up."  D&C 84:88

pic 1: Zone Conference with my beautiful comp
pic 2: Service project for a less active sister who is 92 years old!
pic 3: Us with some recent converts, they´re so smart,they´ve already memorized all the Articles of Faith!
3 Attachments



No comments:

Post a Comment