Monday, August 15, 2016

Ups, Downs and In-betweens

August 15, 2016

What a crazy week! I know I probably say that every week but it´s so true. I never know what to expect and what happens is never what I thought I was going to learn or experience.

This week we experienced the largest miracle, our investigator Mauro, we finally found him again. He had a baptism date but then things were crazy and we could never find him because he was always working. His wife and kids are members and Hna. Lahmann and I were working with him and we watched him change! From someone who had spoken with so many other missionaries for so many years he finally opened up to us and the gospel.

Anyway la Hna. Ambrosio and I talked to him about how he felt about baptism still and everything that we´ve been teaching and he told us that he was ready! It was so funny we were talking about him praying to see if he felt ready to be baptized this last saturday and he said he would pray about it, but then Hna. Ambrosio asked him, "So what time this saturday works best for you?" And he said that he wanted to be baptized at 6 pm. YAY! We were beyond excited for him and his family, they have been waiting for this day for so long!

We visited him everyday this past week to prepare him for his baptism. We practiced the baptism interview with him and he was all ready to go. The only thing was that he didn´t want a lot of people at his baptism and we said that was completely okay! We asked if it was okay if our President of the Rama came and he said yeah that was fine.

This is where things get a little complicated and all over the place. We call our president of the rama and long story short, Mauro wasn´t able to be baptized this last saturday. We were devastated! Our emotions were everywhere, from experiencing the happiest joy to the deepest disappointment. Pte. Casariego knew everything that was going on and then to make things even more stressful, Pte. and Hna. Casariego and the assistants all came to 25 de mayo yesterday for  church and then afterwards for our interviews.

We´re still praying that Mauro will be baptized one day this week if not by this Saturday. Hna. Lahmann told me that with every baptism there´s a trial of faith for everyone and this week I definitely learned that. The adversary is working just as hard so I´ve got to keep up my faith and hope and I know that the Lord brings miracles and blessings. I´ve seen it already and know that I will see many more miracles!


Pic 1: Found this ginormous cactus! Haha the funny part is that after this photo I found a billion cactus hairs on my sweater and in my arm, it was a painful half hour of Hna. Ambrosio using tweezers to pluck them out.
Pic 2: Helping the primary make some goodies for dia del niño!
Pic 3: Our church here in 25 de mayo!
pic 4: Me and the big Argentine desert! It´s so beautiful here!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment