Monday, August 15, 2016

Uno, Dos, Tres...TRIO!

July 18, 2016
I´m finally, finally on the mend and starting to feel like myself again. Seriously being sick is so hard when all I want to do is go out and work!  It resulted in Hermana Casariego saying that we had to go to the clinic to get better medicine. I drank an entire bottle of cough syrup over the last week along with a million cough drops. So last Saturday we went to Catriel and I saw a doctor who gave me some prescribed medicine that was stronger. That did the trick, I feel so much better now but I feel like I´m 80 taking all these different pills during the day.

Last Monday, around 8pm our new companion arrived. La Hermana Ambrosio! She´s 20, from Peru and has only been in the mission for one month longer than me. She is darling! I love her so much and I´m so excited to be working with her. She only knows random words or phrases in english. She´s so cute, whenever the elders call she says, ¨Los freakin´ elderes!¨ and then she´ll answer and say, ¨hello man!¨ Haha Hna. Lahmann also completed her 18 month mark this week so she´s always talking about how old she is so I taught Hna. Ambrosio to say, ¨Sister Lahmann, you are old.¨ It´s so fun to have her and being in a trio is the best, we´re like a little family.

This week we weren´t able to get out as much as I´d like because I still wasn´t 100% but we´re still teaching Gabriela and she´s progressing so much. She´s reading the book of mormon everyday and we talked to her about the importance of praying with real intent to recieve an answer. She´s so close to being baptized! She just doesn´t want to committ to a date and we´re still trying to help her understand the importance of church attendance every week.

I was a little worried being in a trio because even just with hna Lahmann it was harder for me to have the courage to talk a lot during lessons so to have three of us trying to teach I thought I wouldn´t talk at all, but Elder M. Russell Ballard said, ¨When we are truly converted, we cannot be restrained from testifying.¨ It´s so true! Whenever I get lost in following a conversation or lesson or don´t understand something. I just have to remember to share my testimony and then the spirit will do the rest! I love having Hna. Ambrosio to help with my spanish.

Hope you all are doing well and enjoying your summer! Much love from 25 de Mayo!

pic 1: TRIO!
pic 2: Hna. Ambrosio made ponche a sweet from Peru
pic 3: When you´re stuck in the pension all day...so many Liahonas




No comments:

Post a Comment