Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Feliz 3 Meses!

June 13, 2016 

Well this week I hit my 3 month mark on the mission! Hna. Lahmann is going to have her 17 month mark tomorrow! She is constantly telling me to just enjoy every single minute and she´s the best example of that. We celebrated by getting facturas!

Our investigator Mauro accepted a baptismal date!!! This was the biggest miracle of all because he was really cold and guarded when we first started visiting him but he´s completely changed, he´s been reading the Book of Mormon and he came to church with his family. His wife and kids are members. We´ve been working with him for awhile but during planning Hna. Lahmann and I prayed really hard and we both got the answer that we should try to have his baptism be the 23 of July! We went over and taught lesson 3 about the gospel of Jesus Christ and the spririt was so strong and when we asked him to be baptized, his wife started to cry a little bit and his kids were chanting "si, si, si, si," hahaha it was so cute, and he said he´d like to prepare for it! Hna. Lahmann and I skipped all the way home we were SO happy!!!

Jael is still progressing but she hasn´t come to church so we had to push back her baptismal date which was a little disappointing because she is so ready! But she´s just gotta come to church.

I learned how to make canolones yesterday, we made them for a lunch appointment with a less active member that we´re working on reactivating. They´re kind of like enchiladas but better! Hna. Lahmann is just full of recipes from all her time on the mission.

I´m so humbled and grateful to be here in Argentina, specifically 25 de mayo, and serving these people. It´s so fun to have a front row seat of watching people change their lives or feel the spirit for the first time. I know this gospel is true, it´s perfect and it´s for everyone! My testimony is so strong and I love sharing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment