Monday, May 30, 2016

Seis Fechas!

May 30, 2016 

This week was a week of miracles! Seriously 25 de mayo is the best first area! And I get to stay and finish my training with Hna. Lahmann which we are both extremely grateful for. The elderes had four baptisms on Saturday and our zone is leading the mission with most baptisms! It´s so special to be a part of the Lord´s work in every single way. The craziest thing that happened at transfers was that we have new zone leaders, Elder Stoddard and Elder Jensen, and that we´re now part of a different zone! Presidente split zona norte in half so now 25 de mayo and Catriel are part of zona cinco saltas. Also Elder Maricoy is headed to Roca so we´re waiting for Elder Valenzuela´s new companion to come today. I´m so excited and ready for this new transfer, Hna. Lahmann and I have some good goals set and we´re both ready to keep working hard.

At the start of this week we had investigadores but without baptism dates or with dates that had fallen through so this week we set new ones! We have three new investigadores, Jael who is a single mom of two little boys and Elio and Marcela who have a young daughter. They all accepted baptism dates! They are already so special to us and I love our citas with them.

An experience this week that strengthened my testimony was during companion study with Hna. Lahmann. We always practice teaching the lessons beforehand so I can pick up on words or phrases I need to know and just to get it down in general what we´re going to teach. We have an investigator, Gabriela, who is the mom of Delfina and Genaro. And she knows everything we teach is true and she loves when we come and she loves us so much. But she doesn´t feel the need to go to church every week and she doesn´t feel ready for baptism even though she definitely is! So during companion study Hna Lahmann and I practiced our lesson and then she asked me to share my testimony and then practice inviting Gabriela to be baptized. The spirirt was so strong! In that moment even though it was just practice I just felt so much love for her and the love that our Heavenly Father has for her, He´s the one that wants her to be baptized! It´s not these two girls from the US asking her, it´s our Heavenly Father.

Anyway, I just wanted to share that because it just really touched my heart. When I first arrived in the field I was worried I wouldn´t feel love for the people we meet and talk to, but now my heart is overflowing with how much I love them and how much I know God loves each and every single one of us. Hna. Lahmann is helping me learn that even with my simple testimony in my simple spanish I can still make a difference and do good even when at times that´s really hard to see or believe.

I love you all and am so grateful for all of you! Have the best week filled with many miracles!

1 comment:

  1. This one brought tears to her mom's eyes. Isn't it amazing that in just a visit or two with strangers, they are strangers no more, but more brothers and sisters accepting what they already knew in their premortal life? I second Lynzee's testimony that our Savior knows each of us as individuals and because of His atonement knows each of us and our struggles and joys! Karen

    ReplyDelete