Sunday, March 27, 2016

Week 2

March 24, 2016 

¡Hola! Well this week was a rough one for me because I was SO sick with the worst cold ever. Yesterday was when I finally started to feel better but before that I felt so dead. My nose and throat have just been so congested and still have a lingering cough. I keep joking that people have asked me how I am doing more times than it says and it came to pass in the book of mormon. Elder Vonasek in my district along with Elder Jensen were able to give me a blessing and that was the best thing ever. They blessed with with a quick recovery and that the Spirit would be with me to comfort me druing my struggles. The struggle was so real trying to get better but still be learning all these new spanish grammar rules and stuff. I'm just super grateful I am better now. Hna. Barnes in my district shared something with me that just helped so much! She said on our missions we're supposed to forget ourselves but that doesn't mean that we're supposed to forsake ourselves. That was my motto this week! I needed to make sure that I got better if I wanted to be able to forget myself in the work.

It rained so much last Friday! We woke up and it was just pounding down. It was pretty but after that it became fall weather and super cold for a while. It just barely started warming up again around the same time I started getting better.

For an evening class Hermana Cristeche had us all walk around the temple grounds and talk to anyone and everyone in our bad spanish. Hna. Tinsley and I were able to hand out most of pamphlets and invited the people we talked with to give it to a friend or family member that isn't a member. That was a wonderful experience and it gets me excited for this Saturday where we can go proselyting on the streets for 5 hours. They just drop us off in different parts in the city and we just go! I'm nervous but also can't wait to leave the CCM even if it's just for a few hours. I'll tell you how that goes next week.

Hna. Tinsley and I have been teaching 2 new investigators. Pablo and Rosmery. Briana committed to be baptized last week so we no longer get to to teach her. I really like teaching more now and Hna. Tinsley and I have gotten so much better at it which makes it go smoother too. Our Spanish vocabulary has expanded too so that helps a bunch too. And the spirit is always there which is the most important thing.

On Sunday night we were able to watch Meet the Mormons and that was super fun! I love that movie and it was fun watching it with all the other missionaries.

Hermana Walker in my district plays the piano really well but her main instrument is the violin. Presidente Benton was able to track one down and we got to hear her play. It was so beautiful! She's going to play again on Easter Sunday.

Spanish is coming slowly but it helps being surrounded by it. I understand so much more than I'm able to speak it. I just practice, practice, practice! An elder in my district joked how he still can't understand spanish but that his english is gone too because all we're speaking is  some really weird spanglish.

It's really unique here because whenever I think of the gift of tongues I always think of it as this huge gift that only some are blessed with, but being in the CCM and everyone talks about it all the time and how common it is and that really means a lot to me. I'm constantly praying for the gift of tongues!

The days are finally starting to just fly by and I cant believe how fast it'll come before I'll be in the mission field! I wish I had more exciting things to share but the CCM is pretty much the same all the time. I love you all! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment